Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cupcake Queen

I've started working on a series with my friend Claire, in which she photographs persons with hair/makeup/etc stylization to represent their personalities and interests. This is our first one, and a bit experimental. Linda, the Cupcake Queen.

The hair turned out very well, especially considering I forgot to bring heat styling tools, and bobby pins (?!?! (I was running on very little sleep.))

The makeup--I could definitely have gone darker on--it's much easier to tell the stars are stars when you look at the big version.

And the map-blouse Claire and I made looks awesome. And what's not to love about a spaghetti scepter?

Photography: Claire Marika Photography

1 comment:

  1. This is totally awesome. I LOVE the map-blouse. I WANT the map-blouse. Have you done any more of these? Can I volunteer? I want paintbrushes and pencils coming out of my head like Medusa and then could you paint little bird footprints all over my face and neck? And then make my dress out of dirty diapers. I feel like that would represent my personality and interests well.

    ReplyDelete